Park Falls, WI – “Game Changer.” The phrase echoed through the American Sportfishing Association’s ICAST “On the Water” event and carried over to the tradeshow floor the following day. With a radically different look, the reborn Avid Inshore sports a seafoam green metallic skin that tempted buyers and members of the media to hold it. Once in hand, they were hooked. Impressed, they asked what made the rod so light? What genius had St. Croix Rod imbued this time around?
St. Croix Rod Pro-staff guide Captain Richard Bradley, of Lagooner Fishing Guides in Cocoa Beach, Fla. – a longtime St. Croix advocate – explained from the standpoint of a hardcore saltwater aficionado.
“Florida’s Space Coast – that all too familiar NASA outpost – offers some of the most exciting and challenging saltwater inshore fishing, requiring equipment that can handle the conditions. The Avid Inshore’s lighter, more responsive SCIII graphite blank allows anglers to last longer on the casting platform. It’s a winning combination that provides the backbone needed to hookup and win the fight with beastly inshore gamefish, yet offers a delicate presentation for lighter lures and baits.”
One of the most exciting features of the new Avid Inshore series is the light guide train, making the rod more reactive and more sensitive. This enhanced guide platform boasts Kigan Master Hand Zero Tangle guides with solid-titanium frames for 100% protection from saltwater conditions.
“The new guides will keep my maintenance to a minimum, as rods with inferior guide frames constantly cry for extra attention to protect them from saltwater corrosion,” explained Captain Bradley.
The 22-model series includes spinning and casting models that come ready for the industry’s most high-tech braided lines, monofilament and fluorocarbon.
Introducing Avid Inshore.St. Croix has revamped and refined their popular Avid Inshore saltwater rod series with new blanks, new components and radical new cosmetics for 2016. #AVIDINSHORE #STCROIXROD
Posted by St. Croix Rods on Friday, July 10, 2015
One of the most important benefits of the Avid Inshore series for the fulltime charter Captain is affordability. “The new Avid Inshore series will contribute to our bottom line as an affordable rod that still boasts superior components and high performance. We’re getting more bang for our buck—less time maintaining or replacing corroded rod components; a better experience for our clients and more time with my family after a day on the water. It’s a win-win for our Charter Fishing Guide Service and a definite game changer.”
In 2012, Legend Inshore swept the ICAST vote. In 2013, it was the avant-garde Legend Extreme Inshore. Would the new Avid Inshore rod fare as well? Indeed, it did. St. Croix’s new Avid Inshore earned Best Saltwater Rod for 2015, tallying a third win in years for the saltwater category.
- St. Croix’s proprietary Integrated Poly Curve® (IPC®) tooling technology.
- New blank designs built with premium, high-modulus SCIII graphite.
- Enhanced guide platform with Kigan Master Hand Zero Tangle guides with solid-titanium frames
- All thread wraps are protected by two coats of Flex Coat slow-cure finish
- Fuji® DPS reel seats with gunsmoke hoods deal a comfortable grip and solid foundation on spinning models.
- Avid Inshore casting models sport trusted Fuji® ECS or TCS reel seats
- All models feature super-grade cork handles tipped with corrosion-proof wind checks
- Designed and handcrafted in Park Falls, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
- 15-year transferable warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service
- Retail price range is $230 – $290