The Big Rock Sports show in Nashville, Tennessee, concluded yesterday, and although the ballots (and sales numbers) haven’t been tallied, it seemed like a really strong event. When Big Rock Sports announced the consolidation of their East (Raleigh, North Carolina) and West (Las Vegas, Nevada) shows, many in the industry wondered what the “new” show would be like. Of course, there are many answers to that, but here are a few.
Nashville was a tremendous host. A new city brought life to attendees, many of whom have been coming to the Big Rock shows for decades. From the “Nash Bash” to the local food, Nashville was a big, big hit.
Big Rock pulled out the stops at the show with beer and wine, ice cream and doughnuts, coffee and tea, live music, people in cowboy hats walking on stilts, big giveaways and even a couple of Tennessee Titans cheerleaders.
There was also a tragically lame Titans mascot dressed like a … raccoon? Nothing says “Titan” quite like a racoon, right? No wonder they’re not in the playoffs.
But I digress.
The fishing side of the show stayed vibrant and busy. The hunting side … not so much. Things are tough over “there,” but they’ll almost certainly pick up before the next national election.
Of course, one of the highlights of any dealer show is the New Product Showcase. If you’re in the tackle industry, nothing matters more than what retailers think of your new products.
Here are the winners from the 2019 Big Rock Sports Show in the Fishing/Camping/Marine division:
- Best Fishing Line: Momoi Diamond Gen 3 Hollowcore Braid.
- Best Freshwater Lure: Z-Man TRD Crawz
- Best Saltwater Lure: Berkley Fusion19 Bucktails
- Best Terminal Tackle and Accessory: Toadfish Coastal Kitchen Collection
- Best Electronics: Humminbird HELIX 8
- Best Rod: Star Rods Sequence Series
- Best Reel: Penn SSVI
- Best Combo: Penn Battle Blue
- Best Camping: Trilight Shoplight from Striker
- Overall Best of Show on the Fishing/Camping/Marine side was the Toadfish Coastal Kitchen Collection.