PARK FALLS, Wisc. – Widely recognized, respected and trusted on its significant merits, St. Croix’s vast Avid Series has earned its place as a preferred choice of experienced anglers seeking an optimal combination of premium materials, sensitivity, durability, technology and value in an American-crafted fishing rod. The Avid series is so significant, in fact, that it has been designated by St. Croix as a legacy series, meaning it’s highly unlikely to ever be retired.
This legacy continues in 2023, with the newest chapter in St. Croix’s made-in-the-USA angler-favorite Avid Series now dotting all the ‘eyes. All-new Avid Series Walleye rods for 2023 bring new levels of lightweight sensitivity, balance and extreme durability to the Avid name, combining with all-new walleye-centric ergonomics and specific lengths, powers and actions optimized to support all of today’s top walleye presentations and techniques – from jig and plastics, hair jigs and blade baits, to bait rigging, lipless cranks, jigging raps, crankbaits and more.
Avid Series Walleye rods start from brand new hybrid SCIII+ carbon fiber blanks – technology born from Avid that was enhanced and refined in last year’s landmark St. Croix Victory Series. Each Avid Series Walleye blank is crafted from a distinct combination of premium SCIII carbon and exotic SCVI carbon for even more lightweight, sensitive performance in support of its intended application. Meanwhile, proprietary IPC, ART, TRT and FRS technologies dramatically increase strength and durability while enhancing smoothness and heightening each specific action. The result? Walleye rods that support all the ways avid walleye anglers fish with uncompromising strength, balance and sensitivity.
All-new Avid Series Walleye rods consist of 17 technique-minded models (16 spinning and one casting) finished with painstakingly conceived and executed ergonomics that help walleye anglers fish longer with greater comfort and less effort so they can experience more success. Much of this anthropomorphic know-how was developed and implemented by angler request during last year’s Eyecon Series redesign. Spinning models feature one of six distinct, super-grade cork and composite cork handles; progressive, modified split-grip designs. Conceived to support ideal control while combatting angler fatigue, these ergonomic handles combine the best attributes of split- and full-grip designs and facilitate the placement of multiple fingers in front of the reel – particularly helpful in models like the ASWS71MF and ASWS71MMF designed for aggressive and potentially exhausting Jigging Rap and Rippin’ Rap presentations. The casting model (ASWC70MHM) – voted most likely to see rod-holder duty – features a contoured, full handle grip crafted from super-grade cork and durable composite cork. Durable nylon reel seats meld seamlessly with the handle on all models and feature a premium EVA-over-nylon locking nut for even more comfort and control.
Chosen to promote improved overall balance and worry-free performance with the widest variety of lines and leader configurations employed by walleye anglers, guide trains on all-new Avid Series Walleye rods are lightweight and rigid stainless steel with durable, stainless steel inserts.
Avid Series Walleye aesthetics are subtle yet progressive, showcasing the familiar Carbon Pearl finish of previous Avid Series rods with contemporary blue wraps and silver accents.
New St. Croix Avid Series Walleye Features
- Super high-modulus hybrid carbon fiber SCIII+ blanks matched with Fortified Resin System (FRS) technology for maximum power and strength with a significantly reduced blank weight
- Integrated Poly Curve® (IPC®) mandrel technology
- Taper Enhancement Technology (TET) blank design provides curved patterns for improved action with increased sensitivity
- Advanced Reinforcing TechnologyTM (ARTTM)
- Ultra durable, rigid stainless steel guides with stainless steel rings
- Ergonomic nylon reel seat with nylon/premium EVA locking nut
- Modified split-grip super-grade cork handles with cork composite accents on spinning models
- Full-grip contoured super-grade cork handle with cork composite accents on casting model
- 15-year transferable warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service
- Designed and handcrafted in Park Falls, U.S.A. for walleye anglers worldwide
- Retail price $200 to $250 Models
New St. Croix Avid Series Walleye Models
- ASWS58HF – 5’8”, heavy power, fast action, spinning / Retail $200
- ASWS63MLXF – 6’3”, medium-light power, extra-fast action, spinning / Retail $200
- ASWS63MXF – 6’3”, medium power, extra-fast action, spinning / Retail $200
- ASWS66MLF – 6’6”, medium-light power, fast action, spinning / Retail $210
- ASWS66MF – 6’6”, medium power, fast action, spinning / Retail $210
- ASWS68MXF – 6’8”, medium power, extra-fast action, spinning / Retail $215
- ASWS70LXF – 7’0”, light power, extra-fast action, spinning / Retail $220
- ASWS70MLF – 7’0”, medium-light power, fast action, spinning / Retail $220
- ASWS70MM – 7’0”, medium power, moderate action, spinning / Retail $220
- ASWC70MHM – 7’0”, medium-heavy power, moderate action, casting / Retail $210
- ASWS71MMF – 7’1”, medium power, moderate-fast action, spinning / Retail $220
- ASWS71MF – 7’1”, medium power, fast action, spinning / Retail $220
- ASWS73MLXF – 7’3”, medium-light power, extra-fast action, spinning / Retail $225
- ASWS73MXF – 7’3”, medium power, extra-fast action, spinning / Retail $225
- ASWS76MLXF – 7’6”, medium-light power, extra-fast action, spinning / Retail $235
- ASWS76MLXF2 – 7’6”, medium-light power, extra-fast action, 2-piece, spinning / Retail $240
- ASWS80MLF2 – 8’0”, medium-light power, fast action, 2-piece, spinning / Retail $250
Serious walleye anglers rejoice. Technique minded, American made, exceptionally balanced, ergonomic, light, strong and sensitive – 17 all-new Avid Series Walleye rods featuring advanced new SCIII+ carbon blanks, top St. Croix technologies and premium componentry are available at St. Croix dealers worldwide and at stcroixrods.com right now.
About St. Croix Rod
Headquartered in Park Falls, Wisconsin, St. Croix has been proudly producing the “Best Rods on Earth” for nearly 75 years. Combining state-of-the-art manufacturing processes with skilled craftsmanship, St. Croix is the only major producer to still build rods entirely from design through manufacturing. The company remains family-owned and operates duplicate manufacturing facilities in Park Falls and Fresnillo, Mexico. With popular trademarked series such as Legend®, Legend Xtreme®, Avid®, Premier®, Imperial®, Triumph® and Mojo, St. Croix is revered by all types of anglers from around the world.