PARK FALLS, Wis. – Experienced inshore anglers seeking best-in-category performance among American-made mid-priced fishing rods have looked to St. Croix’s vast Avid Series Inshore lineup for well over a decade. Today, when an angler is standing on the deck holding a Seafoam Green Metallic rod, everyone knows they’re casting an ideal combination of American-crafted performance and value. And the Avid name represents the same to anglers in other diverse waters. Favored by performance-oriented anglers of all pursuits, Avid is a legacy series for St. Croix Rod – a name never to be retired – encompassing 99 distinct and current models in the general freshwater, walleye, panfish, travel, saltwater inshore, and surf-rod categories.
“Avid Inshore was last refreshed in 2015,” says St. Croix Brand Manager, Ryan Teach. “And while those upgrades were significant at that time, they pale in comparison to what we’ve been able to do to the series for 2024, starting with the use of our hybrid carbon fiber material in the blanks.”
Each of 23 distinct Avid Series Inshore models for 2024 now starts from an all-new SCIII+ blank, precision engineered and crafted from a distinct combination of premium SCIII carbon and exotic SCVI carbon. Meanwhile, St. Croix’s proprietary Advanced Reinforcing Technology (ART) and Taper Enhancement Technology (TET) are now used in conjunction with existing IPC and FRS technologies to dramatically increase strength and durability while enhancing smoothness and heightening each specific action. The result? Avid Series Inshore rods that are lighter, crisper, even more sensitive, and better balanced in the hand, while supporting all the diverse ways inshore anglers fish.
“None of the things that anglers already love about Avid Inshore have changed,” says Teach. “We’ve retained the iconic Seafoam Green Metallic color, the lightweight and worry-free stainless-steel and Alconite guide trains, and the full cork handles,” he says. “Though we’ve updated the reel seats and redesigned those full-cork grips for improved balance and ergonomics, while also moving to a more durable cork material.”
Further increasing the remarkably light feel born from Avid Inshore’s SCIII+ construction, an ergonomic redesign of the series’ full-cork handles improves balance while reducing angler fatigue. Overall, foregrip lengths throughout the series have been extended by angler request. “All Avid Inshore models now also feature our extremely durable agglomerated cork material in the handles,” Teach says. “We’ve tested this material extensively in saltwater environments over the past three years, and the results have been remarkable. The agglomerated cork handles on our test rods show virtually no wear nor degradation of any kind. We’ve also gone to two different reel seats within the series. Medium-heavy and heavy power models use a different reel seat that better accommodates the larger reels typically used with those powers.”
While the number of Avid Inshore models holds steady at 23 – six casting models and 17 spinning models – lengths, powers, and actions have been adjusted to better support popular and emerging inshore techniques and presentations. “We’ve diversified our SKU offering to include new choices for heavier applications,” Teach says, referencing the addition of a pair of extra-heavy power, moderate-fast action models in both casting (ASIC79XHMF) and spinning (ASIS79XHMF). “These 79XHMF models – which are also offered in some of our other inshore series – are quickly becoming some of our best-selling tarpon rods, and we’ve also added a new 6’ medium power, fast action spinning rod (ASIS60MF) which answers the call of anglers fishing the hot trend of snap jigging,” Teach adds.
Of course, the next-generation Avid Inshore series for 2024 is still handcrafted on U.S. soil in Park Falls, Wisconsin, with a 15-year warranty. Overall, the series exemplifies St. Croix’s continued commitment to giving anglers the upper hand in inshore fishing presentations worldwide.
New St. Croix Avid Series Inshore Features
- Super high-modulus hybrid carbon fiber SCIII+ blanks matched with Fortified Resin System (FRS) technology for maximum power and strength with a significantly reduced blank weight
- Integrated Poly Curve® (IPC®) mandrel technology
- Taper Enhancement Technology (TET) blank design provides curved patterns for improved action with increased sensitivity
- Advanced Reinforcing TechnologyTM (ARTTM)
- Ultra-durable, rigid stainless-steel guides with Alconite rings
- Ergonomic nylon reel seat with locking nuts on all models
- Super-durable full-grip contoured agglomerated cork handles on all models
- 15-year transferable warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service
- Designed and handcrafted in Park Falls, Wisconsin, U.S.A. for inshore anglers worldwide
- Retail price $240 to $320
New St. Croix Avid Series Inshore Casting Models
- ASIC70MLM – 7’0”, medium-light power, moderate action, casting / Retail $250
- ASIC70MF – 7’0”, medium power, fast action, casting / Retail $260
- ASIC70MHF – 7’0”, medium-heavy power, fast action, casting / Retail $280
- ASIC76MLM – 7’6”, medium-light power, moderate action, casting / Retail $280
- ASIC76HMF – 7’6”, heavy power, moderate-fast action, casting / Retail $310
- ASIC79XHMF – 7’9”, extra-heavy power, moderate-fast action, casting / Retail $320
New St. Croix Avid Series Inshore Spinning Models
- ASIS60MF – 6’0”, medium power, fast action, spinning / Retail $240
- ASIS70MF – 7’0”, medium power, fast action, spinning / Retail $270
- ASIS70MXF – 7’0”, medium power, extra-fast action, spinning / Retail $270
- ASIS70MHF – 7’0”, medium-heavy power, fast action, spinning / Retail $280
- ASIS70HMF – 7’0”, heavy power, moderate-fast action, spinning / Retail $290
- ASIS73LF – 7’3”, light power, fast action, spinning / Retail $270
- ASIS73MLF – 7’3”, medium-light power, fast action, spinning / Retail $275
- ASIS73MF – 7’3”, medium power, fast action, spinning / Retail $280
- ASIS73MHF – 7’3”, medium-heavy power, fast action, spinning / Retail $285
- ASIS76MF – 7’6”, medium power, fast action, spinning / Retail $280
- ASIS76MHF – 7’6”, medium-heavy power, fast action, spinning / Retail $290
- ASIS76HF – 7’6”, heavy power, fast action, spinning / Retail $310
- ASIS76HMF – 7’6”, heavy power, moderate-fast action, spinning / Retail $310
- ASIS79XHMF – 7’9”, extra-heavy power, moderate-fast action, spinning / Retail $320
- ASIS711MHF – 7’11”, medium-heavy power, fast action, spinning / Retail $300
- ASIS711HMF – 7’11”, heavy power, moderate-fast action, spinning / Retail $310
- ASIS711HF – 7’11”, heavy power, fast action, spinning / Retail $320
New Avid Inshore rods will be available for purchase at St. Croix dealers worldwide and online at stcroixrods.com on August 1. See them in the St. Croix booth #3022 at ICAST 2023 and in the Saltwater Rod category of the 2023 ICAST New Product Showcase.
Interested in becoming a St. Croix dealer? See us at ICAST 2023 in booth #3022 or email email@example.com.
Media Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About St. Croix Rod
Headquartered in Park Falls, Wisconsin, St. Croix has been proudly producing the “Best Rods on Earth” for 75 years. Combining state-of-the-art manufacturing processes with skilled craftsmanship, St. Croix is the only major producer to still build rods entirely from design through manufacturing. The company remains family-owned and operates duplicate manufacturing facilities in Park Falls and Fresnillo, Mexico. With popular trademarked series such as Legend®, Legend Xtreme®, Avid®, Premier®, Imperial®, Triumph® and Mojo, St. Croix is revered by all types of anglers from around the world.