RACINE, Wis. — Humminbird® and Minn Kota® will release the fourth and final installment of the One-Boat Challenge web series on Thursday, April 9. In the series finale, the two remaining teams get a surprise when a bass fishing legend and another special guest show up to take them on in a battle of who can catch the single biggest fish in just 90 minutes. The winning team earns an advantage for the mother of all final challenges, a treasure hunt that takes them above and below Lake El Salto. Guided by a series of clues, the teams race to complete their tasks using all the technology available from the One-Boat Network™ along with their fishing skill to be declared the first ever One-Boat Challenge Champions. The team who completes the series of challenges first and finds the final clue will win the competition as well as $10,000 to split between the winning team’s charities.
In last week’s episode, the teams competed against each other using their AutoChart® Live map on their SOLIX® fish finder to catch the most fish within their assigned boundaries. Tyler Anderson and Mike Roy came in first place with 34 fish followed by Seth Funt and Charlie Breitenbach in second with a solid 24 fish. Willie Young and Louie Vito came up short with a total of 14 fish which resulted in their elimination.
The team who survives all the challenges and avoids elimination will win $10,000 for their fishing charity of choice. Contestants and their charity of choice include:
- Tyler Anderson, Bass Fishing YouTuber – Kids Outdoor Zone
- Mike Roy, Striped Bass Guide – Saltwater Guide’s Association
- Seth Funt, Pelagic Fisherman – Coastal Conservation Association
- Charlie Breitenbach, Inshore Fly Fisherman – Captains for Clean Water
- Cameron Black, Salmon and Steelhead Guide – Hatchery Wild Coexist
- Ashley Nichole Lewis, Salmon and Steelhead Guide – Brown Folks Fishing
- Willie Young, NFL Defensive End – Keep America Fishing
- Louie Vito, Olympic Snowboarder – Take Me Fishing
The teams were outfitted with gear from some of fishing’s most esteemed brands, including AFTCO, Abu Garcia, Berkley, Gerber, Old Town Kayak, Rapala, Plano, Shimano, St. Croix Rods, StrikeKing and VMC. Vexus Boats, rigged with the One-Boat Network, were towed by Toyota USA trucks and SUVs throughout the competition. The entire show was filmed on location at Angler’s Inn on Lake El Salto.