Hors d’oeuvres, cold beer, fellowship and an annual speech from Fishing Tackle Retailer Managing Editor Ken Duke typically accompany the opening of the ICAST New Product Showcase. Once inside, retailers and media members are encouraged to vote by browsing the aisles of the New Product Showcase to select the most innovative new gear of the year. Then, they cast a paper ballot that’s meticulously counted by officials from the American Sportfishing Association.
This year, that voting process will look quite different. As with everything to do with ICAST this year, the New Product Showcase will take place online. Voting is limited to registered attendees; however, if you’ve registered for ICAST since 2017 as a buyer or media member, you’re automatically enrolled for ICAST 2020.
To navigate the process, the American Sportfishing Association has provided a tutorial video on voting.
Don’t have time to watch the whole thing? Here are the steps to voting in the 2020 ICAST New Product Showcase
- Make sure you are logged in to ICAST 2020 and inside the New Product Showcase section. (Look for the blue, square button on the right of the homepage dashboard.)
- Click the green “start voting” button when voting is open.
- The software will display a list of how many votes you have cast and in what categories.
- Click a category to view products within that section, ex: cold weather technical apparel
- Click the green “vote” button to cast your vote.
- You can change your vote by removing your vote from a particular product using the green “vote” button within each category and then assigning your vote to a new product…until the voting period closes.