Oceanside, CA – Hobie® Eyewear is excited to introduce the newest addition to its Floating Collection, the Everglades Float sunglasses. As part of the highly anticipated Float Collection, the Everglades Float offers anglers and outdoor enthusiasts a reliable solution that combines style, performance, and unparalleled functionality.
“As avid anglers, we understand the frustration of losing sunglasses while on the water. The Hobie® Floating Collection, including the Everglades Float sunglasses, are designed to give anglers peace of mind, in a sleek and comfortable design,” said Dylan Coates, Marketing Manager for Hobie® Eyewear. “With our floating sunglasses, you don’t have to worry about losing your eye protection. Like our other floating models, they incorporate an incredibly light, thermo-plastic frame that also makes them very comfortable for all-day wear.”
The Everglades Float sunglasses utilize Hobie’s Sightmaster™ Plus lenses. The polarized, nylon lenses increase clarity and enhance the contrast between fish and rocks to provide the needed contrast and visibility for technical sight fishing from dawn to dusk. The polarized lenses eliminate glare from the sun and surrounding objects, providing optimal visual acuity and 100% UVA, UVB, and UVC protection, making the Everglades Float the ultimate choice for flats fishing and sight-casting.The hydro/oleophobic lens coatings repel and shed water, sunscreen, grime & dust, keeping the angler’s vision clear at all times. Ideal for stalking redfish, snook, tarpon in the mangroves, the Sightmaster™ Plus lenses significantly reduce weight, providing extended comfort for those all-day trips.
Pro angler Carl Jocumsen lists the new Everglades Float sunglasses as one of his personal favorites for use on the Bassmaster Elite Series this year. “They’re super clear to look through. On dark days, they brighten everything up in every aspect. I had a situation on day 2 of Lake Seminole where I had to catch a couple of bass that were up shallow. They were very finicky, fry-guarding, and on beds. The Sightmaster™ Plus lenses cut through and allowed me to see them. It was cloudy and windy. It was the worst conditions, and they did the absolute ultimate job,” said Carl Jocumsen, pro angler.
Designed to meet the rigorous needs of anglers, the Everglades Float sunglasses combine exceptional visual clarity and Hobie’s signature comfort to ensure successful days on the water. The lightweight thermoplastic frame and co-molded nose pad and temples are designed to distribute weight evenly and maximize grip. With exceptional heat resistance, the Everglades Float is highly durable in harsh, saltwater environments.
Priced competitively at $109.99, the Everglades Float sunglasses offer unmatched value and performance compared to competitors’ sunglasses. The opening price point makes them accessible to a wide range of customers, ensuring everyone can benefit from the ultimate performance and protection offered by Hobie® Eyewear. In terms of performance, the Everglades Float sunglasses are built to withstand wear, pressure, and damage from the elements.
- Frames remain above or rise to the surface on impact with water, making them easy to retrieve if accidentally dropped.
- Lightweight frame comprised of low-density material for even weight distribution when wearing for extended periods.
- Co-molded nose pads and temples maximize comfort and grip.
- Nylon lenses are significantly lighter than polycarbonate or glass, also providing slightly increased clarity.
- Hydro/oleophobic lens coatings repel and shed water, sunscreen, grime & dust.
- Hobie® Sightmaster™ Plus lens allows you to see the contrast between fish and rock below the water’s surface.
- Recommended for low-light, overcast conditions. [not recommended for driving.]
- Polarized lenses eliminate all glare from sun and surrounding objects/water with optimal clarity and 100% UVA, UVB &
- UVC protection.
- Performance thermoplastic frame features that keep up with the rigors of active lifestyles.
- 8 base sizing and wrap design offer greater sun protection, ensuring limited light leakage.
- Versatile and stylish design/color lenses.
- Inspired by the famous wetlands of Florida, USA.
Frame Color: Satin Black
Lens Color: Hobie® Sightmaster™ Plus
Dimensions: Eye Size: 63mm | Bridge Size: 18mm | Temple Length: 129mm | Lens Curve: 8 Base
About Hobie® Eyewear
Since 1982, Hobie® Eyewear has made being on the water easier and more enjoyable – pioneering a better, clearer, and more precise kind of vision. Merging expertly crafted designs with premium polarization, durability, and innovative technologies has been at its core, following in the footsteps of visionary creator Hobie® Alter. Hobie’s growing product catalog includes the ultra-light Floating Collection, HydroClean™ repellent lens coatings and Quick-Swap Interchange lenses to fit every outdoor enthusiast’s needs. Find out more at www.hobieeyewear.com and follow their adventure on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube at @HobieEyewear.