Fishing Tackle Retailer, the Business Magazine of the Sportfishing Industry, is currently seeking applicants for the position of Digital Editor. FTR’s Digital Editor is responsible for overseeing operations of the magazine’s digital entities, most notably FishingTackleRetailer.com.
The website serves as the daily companion of Fishing Tackle Retailer, long regarded as the preeminent trade publication of the American recreational fishing industry—one with more than 40 years of history providing tackle dealers and tackle manufacturers with the can’t-miss product and industry news that fuels upwards of $48B in annual fishing tackle sales in the United States.
Qualified applicants should contact Brian Thurston, Publisher with a resume and a cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Knowledge of journalism best practices and AP Style writing.
- Knowledge of WordPress best practices.
- Basic familiarity with reading and writing HTML.
- Familiarity with Yoast SEO and Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Experience in publishing 300dpi layouts for print publications.
- Experience managing a team of freelance writers.
- General knowledge of business and retail environments as well as marketing strategy.
- Ability to consistently identify breaking news as relates to the recreational fishing industry.
- Knowledge of Constant Contact, MailChimp and other email marketing systems.
- Ability to attend annual meetings like ICAST and the ASA Summit.