Springfield, MO – The Bass Fishing HOF invites anyone who has a passion for the sport of bass fishing to its ‘Celebrate Bass Fishing Week’ activities. The week of activities will culminate on Thursday, September 28th with an induction ceremony honoring Glen Andrews for his early tournament efforts, the late Bruce Holt for his work on modern-day bass rod development and expanding the bass fishing world, and accomplished pro bass angler Michael Iaconelli for his impact on the sport. They will be formally enshrined into the Hall that evening at Johnny Morris’ Wonders of Wildlife Museum & Aquarium. The activities on September 28th include a special plaque-unveiling ceremony sponsored by Phoenix Boats within the Hall’s venue at WOW, a meet and greet reception with past inductees, dinner sponsored by B.A.S.S. at the White River Conference Center, followed by acceptance speeches by inductees or their family representatives.
“Since the Bass Fishing Hall of Fame established a home within Wonders of Wildlife in 2017, the Hall’s annual induction ceremony and all of our activities surrounding it have become a prominent event in the sportfishing world,” said BFHOF Board President John Mazurkiewicz. “Not only do past Hall inductees, current pro anglers on the B.A.S.S. and MLF circuits, and many of the leading fishing and marine brands support the event, our efforts in growing the prominence of the Hall because of it has enabled the HOF Board to do more in supporting conservation projects to benefit bass fishing and bass anglers. We’ve also been able to encourage high school and college students to pursue fishery management careers with our scholarship program. Our past and new Hall inductees can take credit that their efforts in the sport of bass fishing will only help it continue to grow.”
To support the Hall’s ‘Celebrate – Promote – Preserve’ mission in the bass fishing world, along with honoring Andrews, Holt, and Iaconelli for their efforts in the sport, anglers throughout the U.S. and Canada can participate in its ‘Celebrate Bass Fishing’ online auction sponsored by Major League Fishing starting on Friday, September 22nd (https://bit.ly/AuctionHOF). Here’s just a short list of some of the major items up for bid:
- ‘Bucket List’ fishing trip with bass fishing legend and HOF’er Bill Dance.
- Tournament jerseys from leading professional bass anglers.
- Original artwork from noted fishing/wildlife illustrator Doug Schermer.
- Fishing trips with leading MLF pro anglers including BFHOF inductees Tommy Biffle and Mark Davis, reigning Bass Pro Tour Angler-of-the-Year and Rookie-of-the-Year Matt Becker, Skeet Reese, Mark Rose, Jeremy Lawyer, Roy Hawk, Jacob Wall, Ryan Salzman, Fred Roumbanis, Jonathon VanDam, Alex Davis, and Kyle Hall, along with 2023 Bassmaster Classic winner ‘Gussy’ Gustafson, and Brandon Palaniuk among others.
- Rods, reels and lures from leading brands including Daiwa, Strike King, Lew’s, PRADCO brands, Rapala, Big Bite Baits, SPRO, Sunline, St. Croix, Shimano, Googan Baits, Bass Mafia, American Tackle, Mustad, Abu Garcia, Berkley, Plano, Falcon Rods, Trika, and Bizz Baits.
- Technical fishing clothing from AFTCO, Simms, HUK, and Marsh Wear, plus apparel from Mossy Oak, Toyota and Mercury Marine.
- Coolers and drinkware from PacBak, Yeti, Igloo, and Dometic.
- Fishing adventures including big bass action and a gator hunt at Grosse Savanne Resort in Louisiana, smallmouth bass fishing trips on Lake St. Clair, the St. Lawrence River and Cayuga Lake, and snakehead fishing on the Potomac River with Fat Cat Newton,
- Unique tour packages from the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio and the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto, along with a VIP experience at an upcoming Whiskey Myers concert.
- Hunting items from Burris Optics, Sig Sauer, Summit Treestands, Moultrie, and more.
The online auction can be accessed by bass fishing enthusiasts throughout the U.S. and Canada on their smartphones by texting bfhof to 243-725 or BidPal.net/bfhof
The Bass Fishing Hall of Fame wishes to acknowledge the generous financial support provided by presenting sponsors B.A.S.S., Major League Fishing, Phoenix Boats; gold sponsors Bass Pro Shops/Cabela’s, PRADCO Outdoor Brands, Wired2fish and; silver sponsors AFTCO, Daiwa, Rapala, Rather Outdoors, and Shimano; and bronze sponsors St. Croix, Simms Fishing, Sunline, Bass Fishing Archives, Yamaha Marine, and Costa Compete & Conserve.
A limited number of tickets to the HOF induction ceremonies and dinner remain available until Friday, September 22nd , or until the White River Conference Center facility reaches its capacity limits. To purchase tickets and/or tables – visit bidpal.net/bfhof – or contact Barbara Bowman at email@example.com or call 501.541.6601.
About the BFHOF:
The Bass Fishing Hall of Fame is a nonprofit organization led by a volunteer board of directors and is dedicated to celebrating, promoting and preserving the sport of bass fishing. Since 2017, the Hall’s inductees and memorabilia representing the history of bass fishing is showcased in Johnny Morris’ Wonders of Wildlife Museum and Aquarium in Springfield, Missouri, where it has rapidly become a popular destination. The 2023 BFHOF Induction banquet will be held September 28, 2023 at Wonders of Wildlife.