The AFTCO x B.A.S.S. Nation Conservation Grant Program was created to help provide funds to approved projects. Through current grassroots B.A.S.S. Nation organizations, our goal is to encourage youth-oriented conservation projects that benefit local fisheries.
Each project must have an endorsement of the local fisheries management agency and work to accomplish goals of mutual benefit, and an evaluation component to determine success. A project may be part of a larger project, and working with partners is strongly encouraged. Having already obtained matching funds and/or donations of materials and/or in-kind services increase a project’s value. The project must demonstrate a good investment for AFTCO and B.A.S.S. (e.g., in terms of feasibility, accountability, and financial leverage).
Project Focus Should Accomplish One or More of the Goals Below
- Make a significant contribution to protect or enhance natural or artificial fish habitat
- Prevent, manage or eliminate aquatic invasive species via action or education/outreach
- Demonstrate best-practices in tournament fish care to maximize survival of released fish
- Protect or enhance angler or boater access to public waters
- Address an acute or chronic aquatic resource pollution issue
- Demonstrate a new or innovative approach to conservation education
All submissions must be placed by March 31, 2023. Proposals will be judged by a panel that includes representatives from B.A.S.S. and AFTCO. Please direct any questions to Gene Gilliland at firstname.lastname@example.org.