Discover Boating® announced today its lineup of 2024 consumer boat and sport shows. Kicking off in January and extending through the fall, Discover Boating boat shows, in partnership with Progressive Insurance®, will take place in 10 markets throughout the country, including New York, Atlanta, Chicago, and Miami with a focus on attracting both current boaters and next-gen customers through floorplan expansions, enhancements to the Discover Boating boat show experience and Boat Finder upgrades.
To engage current boaters and bring in new customers, plans for 2024 Discover Boating boat shows include an increase in floorplans and exhibitors with more boats and brands to shop as inventory returns. Show visitors will also find enhancements to educational components and activations, such as the Discover Boating Beach Club, to feel immersed in the boating lifestyle. The Beach Club, which launched in 2023 at Discover Boating’s Chicago and New York shows, is expanding to serve other markets, including New England and Atlantic City. Other boat shows will have similar boating lifestyle activations, such as the Lake Life Lounge in Atlanta, featuring a host of activities, celebrity appearances, premium food and beverage options, and daily demonstrations.
“To meet the needs of and excite the next generation of boaters while engaging current customers, Discover Boating continues to evolve and invest in its boat shows through a variety of consumer touchpoints and experiences,” said Jennifer Thompson, senior vice president of boat shows for NMMA. “New boater education and immersive show features, such as the Discover Boating Beach Club, provide attendees the opportunity to enjoy the benefits and fun of boating and ultimately help bring more boaters into the market.”
Furthering Discover Boating’s mission to meet the needs of every boater and potential boat buyer, Boat Finder, which launched across 2023 Discover Boating boat show websites, empowers customers to begin the boat-shopping process weeks ahead of the show they plan to attend. The 2024 Boat Finder features a new design and layout to drive more shoppers to boat brands and dealers. Contact BoatFinder@nmma.org to learn more.
The 2024 Discover Boating boat show schedule is as follows:
- Discover Boating® Chicago Boat Show, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, Jan. 10-14, 2024
- NEW DATES: Discover Boating® New England Boat Show, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, Jan. 10-14, 2024
- Discover Boating® Atlanta Boat Show, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, Jan. 11-14, 2024
- Discover Boating® Minneapolis Boat Show, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, Jan. 18-21, 2024
- Discover Boating® Louisville Boat, RV & Sportshow, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, Jan. 24-28, 2024
- Discover Boating® New York Boat Show, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, Jan. 24-28, 2024
- Discover Boating® Miami International Boat Show, Feb. 14-18, 2024
- Discover Boating® Atlantic City Boat Show, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, February 28-March 3, 2024
- Discover Boating® Northwest Sportshow, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, March 14-17, 2024
- Discover Boating® Norwalk Boat Show, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance, September 19-22, 2024
Notably, the 2024 Discover Boating® New England Boat Show, in partnership with Progressive Insurance®, is moving from its traditional February President’s Day weekend timeframe to Jan. 10–14, 2024. A comprehensive marketing campaign around new date awareness launched in October. NMMA anticipates the move to be temporary with the boat show returning to its February date pattern in 2025. Following a thorough market analysis, there are no plans for a 2024 Discover Boating Nashville Boat Show and NMMA will explore future opportunities in the Nashville market.
The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) is the nation’s leading trade association representing boat, marine engine and accessory manufacturers. Collectively, NMMA members manufacture an estimated 80 percent of marine products used in North America. NMMA is a unifying force and powerful voice for the recreational boating industry, working to strengthen and grow boating and protect the interests of its member companies.