Park Falls, WI – In the aviation world, super top-secret aircraft prototypes are often designated with an X. These experimental X-planes are designed and built at remote facilities that are clouded in mystery – maybe even a bit of legend. Some of them may become public knowledge while others are scrapped when engineers – never completely content with their creations – go back to the drawing board and start over. And just when the public assumes things have reached the pinnacle of technology, something new amazes us with logic-defying capabilities. What was once a doodle on a cocktail napkin, becomes a technological marvel.
The very same principles apply deep within St Croix’s state of the art basecamp (aka laboratory) in Park Falls, Wisconsin. The mad-scientists at St Croix design and redesign rods from the ground-up (…or, is it butt-up?), going from burning-the-midnight-oil concepts and sketches to the Eureka! moment when the smoke clears and the brainchild of a blank pops out of the oven.
The NEW for 2018 Legend X freshwater rod series from St Croix is not an experiment or a myth, it’s a reality. Simply put, the Legend X is an amalgamation of the finest materials, components and manufacturing techniques available…on this planet anyway. Much like those X-planes
that zip across the sky at near space altitude, the Legend X is handcrafted by experts that make absolutely certain nothing is left to chance – the result, a perfect blend of performance, reliability and strikingly good looks.
St Croix’s VP of Brand Management Jeff Schluter has this to say about the remarkable rod: “St Croix created Legend X to satisfy demand for a super-premium rod series that featured all of our proprietary technologies (IPC®, ART™, FRS and TET) in a split-grip handle configuration. Our goal was to create a series incorporating these technologies along with pushing the aesthetics a bit for a unique look.”
“Legend X combines our hyper-performance SCVI and SCV graphite blank with the finest components available such as Fuji® Torzite ® titanium frame guides to provide anglers with unparalleled sensitivity and overall casting performance. Legend X increases angler control and ultimately fishing success. Because we could throw all our engineering tools at Legend X and equip it with the best of the best regarding the blanks and components, it was as much fun to design as it is to fish.”
New St. Croix Legend X Freshwater
- Integrated Poly Curve® (IPC®) tooling technology.
- Advanced Reinforcing Technology™ (ART™).
- Taper Enhancement Technology (TET) blank design provides curved patterns for improved action with increased sensitivity.
- Super high-modulus SCVI graphite with FRS in lower section for maximum power and strength with reduced weight.
- High-modulus/high-strain SCV graphite with FRS and carbon-matte scrim for unparalleled strength, durability and sensitivity.
- Fuji® Torzite® tangle-free guides with titanium frames for unrivalled, 100% corrosion-proof performance.
- Fuji® TVS blank-touch reel seat with built-in hood on spinning rods.
- Fuji® PTS blank-touch reel seat with built-in hood on casting rods.
- Anodized, machined-aluminum wind check and trim pieces.
- Split-grip/super-grade cork handle.
- Kigan titanium hook-keeper.
- Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish.
- Includes protective rod sack.
15-year transferable warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service Designed and handcrafted in Park Falls, U.S.A. MSRP $390-$420.
St. Croix’s all-new Legend X freshwater series is packed with proprietary technologies and destined to reset the benchmark in performance split-grip rods. Legend X combines cutting edge design with impeccable craftsmanship providing anglers the on-the-water advantage.