ATLANTA, Ga.— Gill North America is seeking a marketing communications manager to help target multiple audiences and raise awareness of Gill products.
The Marketing Communications Manager will be an integral part of the development and execution of marketing, public relations, and communication plans that reach B2B and B2C targets from brand awareness to product promotion. The individual will understand marketing concepts, principles, and tactics and use behavior trends to generate creative ideas. The goal of this position is to promote the Gill brand strategically and exceptionally, engage effectively with the media, trade, dealers, and consumers, increase organization pertaining to the marketing department, and drive sales.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Support and execute all global marine marketing plans in the US, Canada, and Caribbean
- Strategically lead and activate all fishing marketing plans in the US
- Work with the marketing team to develop and maintain a strategic marketing calendar detailed a minimum of 6 weeks in advance, with general goals and events outlined for 6-12 months in advance
- Help direct UK e-commerce team on North America website maintenance and updates
- Lead customer acquisition, retention and conversion efforts, striving to increase email and social platforms
- Work closely with Gill Marine marketing team, ensuring all relevant campaigns are executed at Gill NA
- Contribute to marketing budget creation, decisions and adherence
- Monitor the success of Marketing campaigns through analytics and reporting Communication/PR
- Primarily responsible for driving fishing, powerboat, and outdoor PR efforts
- Coordinate with PR agency to drive marine PR efforts
- Initiate and manage editorial and feature opportunities
- Work with sales manager to manage sponsorship requests and activate requests creatively
- Organize and activate formal press days, providing media kits and additional information to press
- Maintain industry relationships
• Negotiate and implement print and web ad plans with affiliate partners • Manage Fishing Pro relationships
- Manage event sponsorships, providing marketing collateral and acquisition opportunities
- Confirm brand standards are met onsite and online
- Oversee trade and retail show booth design and brand experience
- Collaborate with sales team to plan events
- Develop a distinct and proactive online presence by attracting high numbers of internet followers
- Manage all existing social platforms proficiently, adding new platforms on an as-needed basis
- Produce graphics for B2B and B2C emails, social platforms, and advertisements as needed
- Coordinate occasional lifestyle photoshoots, primarily for the fishing market
- Work with sales team to oversee dealer web and store branding, ensuring the brand is represented exceptionally through POP, header cards, merchandising and promotional materials
- Optimize and produce bi-annual Fishing and Marine Buyers Guides
This is an exciting new position for the person with the right qualifications. Competitive wages, health insurance, vacation, and simple IRA are all part of the compensation packet. This is a salaried position that reports to the Senior Vice President and Global Brand Manager.
- 3-5 year minimum work experience in marketing, public relations, or communication required
- Trade marketing experience highly prefered
- Strong strategic planning and execution abilities required
- Software skills including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Dot Mailer, Dropbox and Asana a plus
- Passion for sailing, fishing, and outdoor market a plus
- Ability to multitask well, managing multiple projects and relationships simultaneously
- Position is in Atlanta with some travel.
Interested parties should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.