STURTEVANT, Wis.,– BRP, a world leader in powersports, announced today that the revolutionary Evinrude E-TEC G2 outboard engine will be available for test rides by the public at local events throughout the United States and Canada.
Combining thrilling performance with the most intelligent design and the cleanest outboard engine combustion technology available, the Evinrude E-TEC G2 models deliver up to 30% more torque, up to 15% better fuel efficiency, and up to 75% fewer total regulated emissions compared to leading four-stroke outboard engines. The E-TEC G2 models also feature a distinctive, customizable look that allows consumers to perfectly match their boat. With no required break-in period and featuring standard push-button automatic winterization, the E-TEC G2 product line is one of the easiest engines to own.
At the Tampa and Fort Lauderdale Boat Shows, the Evinrude iDock will also be available for test rides. The all-new iDock allows users to easily maneuver their boat using a joystick for simple docking in even the toughest conditions. The joystick system lets users side step the boat or pivot in place with total control at their fingertips. Advanced aircraft gyroscope sensor technology makes iDock more intuitive to pilot by automatically compensating for wind and current. If extra power is needed to overcome wind or current, boaters can simply push the stick further into boost position to double the thrust. The simplicity of the system requires much less time to become accustomed to, thus creating a more positive first time boating experience.
“We have broken new ground with the Evinrude E-TEC G2 engines,” said Olivier Pierini, Evinrude director of global marketing and strategic planning. “We can show you power curves and flow charts that prove our claims, but there is nothing like getting on a boat and throwing the throttle down. Our customers love the way that torque gets you up on a plane right away and the fuel efficiency is easy to see right there on the gauges. The best way to experience all that the Evinrude E-TEC G2 has to offer, is to come out and try it at any of our test ride events!”
Schedule of Test Ride Events:
- FLW Championship – Prosperity, SC, August 12-13th
- Montreal Boat Show – Montreal, QC, Canada, September 8-10th
- Tampa Bay Boat Show – Tampa, FL, September 8-11th
- Metro Boat Show – Harrison Township, MI, September 14-17th
- Bassmaster Angler of the Year – Garrison, MN, September 16-17th
- Norwalk Boat Show – East Norwalk, CT, September 21-24th
- Tobay Boat Show – Massapequa, NY, September 29-October 1st
- Anglers in Action – Lake of The Ozarks, MO, October 7-8th
- United States Power Boat Show – Annapolis, MD, October 12-14th
- American Crappie National Championship – Lake of The Ozarks, MO, October 21st
- Fort Lauderdale Boat Show – Fort Lauderdale, FL, November 1-5th
BRP’s Evinrude engine line up, from 3.5 to 300 HP, offers customers superior value across a full range of applications. The all-new Evinrude E-TEC G2 engines are now available from 150 to 300 HP. Engines are available at authorized Evinrude dealerships worldwide. Follow Evinrude on Facebook at www.facebook.com/brpevinrude.
For a complete list of new and existing Evinrude dealers, visit www.evinrude.com.